August 30, 2016

Up next: Idaho... Colombia, Peru, and Bolivia!

I've found that post-grad life consists of constantly dreaming up new possibilities. Well, that was pre-grad life too, but now the difference is that I finally have the time and just barely enough money to make those dreams happen.

I'm a sucker for taking advantage of opportunities, and when else may I have an oddly spaced 7 week gap that happens to coincide with really good flight deals to South America? Probably never. So, I bought a ticket to Bogotรก, Colombia and I'll have 7 weeks this October and November to work my way through Colombia, Peru, and Bolivia. The trip will be bookended (providing I buy a return ticket... hehe) with visits to Moscow, Idaho, where Sebastian is attending graduate school. 

In December, I'll visit my mom, dad, and brother in the United Arab Emirates and visit Abu Dhabi, Dubai, and hopefully Oman and Kuwait. In early January, I'll move to Malaysia to begin my ten-month placement as a Fulbright English Teaching Assistant. While in Malaysia I'll have the opportunity to explore Southeast Asia.

I am so excited for the next year and a half of my life, but with so many intriguing plans for the future I constantly have to remind myself to live in the present. Tonight, instead of researching South America as I am extremely tempted to do, I am filling by belly with fresh sockeye salmon and preparing for a nap because the Aurora Borealis forecast looks promising tonight and I want to see them before I head indefinitely towards the equator. 

Golden hour captured during a recent backpacking trip to Shelly Lake.

No comments:

Post a Comment